Monday, October 27
I don't really finish reading forwarded emails (esp those "ladies please read this" ones :P) unless they're all visually attractive (yeah I could go through 1000 pics of LeeHom for sure ^^)
Sometimes (sometimes only ah) I don't really pay attention when people divulge their inner passion of anime/fine arts/HongKong TVB/wine tasting (sorry ah sis!) to me except add "oh, yeah" or "oh really? I didn't know that" etc.
And now here I am typing on my comp when there's semester EXAM this coming Thursday! I've spend my weekend being as distracted as I am now and the situation usually goes like this:
I FINALLY sit down by the dining table and open Chemistry book.
*10 mins of reading*
grabs at nearest Cleo mag. Stares at Song Hye-Kyo's (宋慧乔) non existent facial pores in the Laniege ad. For the 590th time. note to self: gotta start reading! mutters scientific terms under her breath.
*after 5 mins*
plays around with racing car game on handphone. camwhores. plays a song on her phone and starts singing along to it. finally conscience gets to her and she turns off everything and continue reading the same line.. again.
*a while later*
"The intermolecular forces of attraction will be van der Waals forces".. starts thinking of Serena van der Woodsen. Gossip Girl. Chuck Bass. Nate Archibald (ooh super cute!)
But not entirely my fault also! read this:
I have NO idea how did "medium" could end up as "madman".
Guess I was distracted. Again XD
p.s. I'm gonna change my blog layout once my stats reach 10,000 or I finally get my 1st nuffnang cheque. So if this layout really annoys you then cepatlah CLICK ON MY ADS!!! *cackle*
Friday, October 24
Seriously! What with all the pokes and Word Challenges and buying people and comparing friends and planting trees and sending flowers and uploading photo albums and updating "what are you doing right now?"... It's like you can choose to NOT have a real life. Just go virtual and you can be the person everyone wants to be.
Very simple only mah! Just:
- Photoshop your profile pic so it looks like you have uber large Japanese doll eyes, flawless skin, Angelina Jolie's pouty lips and Jessica Alba's hothothot body
- Or worse, choose a pic that has you and a friend in it (caution: your friend has to be less good looking than you to achieve maximum effect)
- Play "Word Challenge" and "Who has the biggest brains?" till your eyes/bladders give out
- Add random people who look cute or rich or cool so you'll seem to know people from Northumbia to the Maldives
- In your profile, under "Favourite Music", put some weird bands that no one has heard before like RedNoses or Blingascopy (These I made up one la)
- Under the describe yourself section just put "I'm just a simple girl... happy go lucky... if you want to know me then add me lo ^~^ __~put something firstname.lastname@example.org" It'll sound like you're this sweet, cute gullible gal that'll be an easy catch. So plenty of (guy esp) friend requests.
No hard feelings to anyone who has done any of the above ya! It's just based on my observation (and *cough* personal experience *cough**cough*)
Friday, October 17
*clears throat before beginning yawning-prone grandma talk*
People nowadays ah...
- Seem very confused of their sexualities. And sexual tendencies. E.g. do you feel like you're a gal trapped in a guy's body? or vice versa? or do you seem to fall for people of the same gender for no apparent reason?
Point taken from: I Kissed a Girl - Katy Perry
This was never the way I planned
Not my intention
I got so brave, drink in hand
Lost my discretion
It's not what, I'm used to
Just wanna try you on
I'm curious for you
Caught my attention
I kissed a girl and I liked it
The taste of her cherry chapstick
I kissed a girl just to try it
I hope my boyfriend don't mind it
It felt so wrong
It felt so right
Don't mean I'm in love tonight
I kissed a girl and I liked it
I liked it
But no worries; I'm still straight, single and very easily attracted to cute, young guys =P
People nowadays ah...
- Are very random, spontaneous and doing spur of the moment things. Like obviously "random" is one of the very "in" and "trendy" words that people use today (especially in blogs!). By the way I thought of something that Melissa Kong once said in my BRATs camp. "You know what's random? Brownian motion. -_-"
Point taken from: California - Metro Station
If I leave town would you leave along with me
We can fly away to outer space
We can find a way to leave this place
We don't need a map and you can throw your phone away
We don't wanna hear the things we know they're gonna say
You don't trust yourself but girl trust in me
Don't look in the mirror the past you don't wanna see
What do you say we leave for California
If we drive all night we can make it by the morning
And no one has to know if we decide to go
What do you say we leave for California
If we leave our friends then we can be together
We can leave this town if only for the weather
I could drive and you could sleep
While the radio collides to the sound of our heartbeats
Hynotized by the carbon monoxide
Would turning back be a good idea
Your cigarette after cigarette
Cannot help to calm your fear
So this is my shot at saying something totally random: "My pee today seemed less yellow compared to yesterday's." Haha. Very lame? at least I'm trying... :)
People nowadays ah...
(esp gals, no hard feelings) do not wait for guys to make the first move anymore. yay! off with overrated chauvinism! but sometimes some gals do get over-b*tchy over guys la.
Point taken from: Girlfriend - Avril Lavigne
I can see the way, I see the way you look at me
And even when you look away I know you think of me
I know you talk about me all the time again and again
(And again and again and again)
So come over here, tell me what I want to hear
Better yet make your girlfriend disappear
I don't want to hear you say her name ever again
(And again and again and again! )
Cause she's like so whatever
You could do so much better
I think we should get together now
And that's what everyone's talking about!
Hey! Hey! You! You!
I don't like your girlfriend!
No way! No way!
I think you need a new one
Hey! Hey! You! You!
I could be your girlfriend
Let the lyrics do the talking. Enough said. *small squeaky voice* can I say something? Seriously if someone were to talk like that it would be extremely perasan/yi4 wei2/beh hiao ba/muka tebal. (sorry can't find proper word in English; please enlighten me)
People nowadays ah:
- Do not have enough spiritual belief (fyi I'm a Christian ^^; but it applies to all religions la i think). Honestly I pray every day but when exam comes I pray x100000 harder... which is not that good la. Go to Him when got problem only.
I saw that all the love had died
I saw that we had forgotten to take the time
I, I saw that you couldn't care less about what you do
You couldn't care less about the lies
You couldn't find the time to cry
We forgot about love
We forgot about faith
We forgot about trust
We forgot about us
Now our love's floating out the window
Our love's floating out the back door
Our love's floating up in the sky,
In heaven, where it began
Back in God's hands
Gosh I love this song! super sweet and touching :)
Sunday, October 12
I really don't understand girls who look like stick insects complain that they're "on the plump side". Seriously. The conversation usually goes on like this:
Me: *pinches flabby arms* awh I think I need to eat less... If I slim down to your size I'll be satisfied...
Skinny Gal: What? I'm very fat la, look at all the fats! *pinches bony arms*
Me: No la you're not fat at all, if you're fat I'm obese lo...
Skinny Gal: Very fat le..
*similar conversation capable of going on for decades*
I reckon they're really delusional. It's like a chameleon complaining that it never blends into the environment... -_-"
So here are solutions that my (skinny but think they're fat) friends at college do to slim down...even more...
- Cut down on rice. Or stop eating rice altogether. Eat more protein if you're really hungry. There's really some science to it too--excess protein just turns into pee but excess carbs will deposit as fatty layers! I'm not too crazy about rice but I just love bread. All sorts of it. It'll kill me to give up bread. But i read somewhere that people who love bread have high sex drive. I was like huh? So not true le. I'm a very non-hormonal teenager. I think.
- Squeeze out all the oil from food. I have a friend that basically eats "yao zha guai" (translation: fried ghost...?) with tissue... So she'll compress the food with tissue to suck up all the oil. But to me it looks too flattened to be appetizing anymore. Not applicable to all sorts of food anyway. Might as well line the wall of your mouth with oil absorbers (detachable ones of course) to obtain maximum effect :P
- Do exercise la, duh. But if you're lazy to do competitive sport like badminton, squash etc, hula hooping is a good choice... Here's a clip of Kaykay hula hooping and blowing a balloon at the same time... psst. She's one of those complaining being fat. See for yourselves... (sorry ah I don't know how to turn the movie over...)
- Mix around people who don't eat much. Peer pressure ma. I would feel so left out if I was wolfing down some Mcdonald burger if everyone was just having Diet Coke..? (unfortunately) all my friends have extremely good appetite...*sob* but they're great fun though ('cause they do read my blog).. no la just kidding :)
- Don't bathe right after you eat. I read somewhere that it'll obstruct the digestive system or something..(This may just be some superstition but no harm trying eh?)
The only ones that I really do now are no. 3 & no.5 (haha yeah I believe almost anything, I know).
And I am really on the plump side. Honest.
But sometimes I do hope I'm a teensy bit delusional. That the fats are not real and I'm just fantasizing.
Or simply that I have faulty mirrors at home :)
Sunday, October 5
- Those who have been tagged must write their answers on their blogs and replace any questions that they dislike with a new question formulated by themselves. gosh so many rules like Death Note like that.
- Tag 8 people to do this quiz and those who are tagged cannot refuse.These people must state who they were tagged by and cannot tag the person whom they were tagged by. Continue this game by sending it to other people.
- Sheih Nee
- Feeling generous today so sparing the others :)
Haha. Good question. Never dared to ask.
2. Describe urself in one word.
3. Who would you pick, someone who really loves you, or the one you love?
pick for what? very hard to get the question le.. it really depends...
4. Have you ever loved someone before but never had the courage to tell him/her?
never really LOVED someone other than my family le... crush of course got la... my life is not some Taiwanese drama okay...
5. Does it feel good to love?
uhh... it does... i guess... YEN WOON THIS TAG IS SO DARN MUSHY LA!!!
6. God is giving u just 5 more minutes before going back to heaven, IF you love someone special, what will you say to that person?
Take good care of yourself and always be happy; we'll meet again in heaven someday but I just wanted to say it again: I love you. gosh sometimes I think I should be a scriptwriter for some corny movie.sometimes i'm just really corny.
7. What will u say to a person who doesn't want to believe u?
"believe me, I lied." so he doesn't believe me and ends up believing me... right? i'm confusing myself.
8. Was ever a time that you tried to learn to love someone?
huh? no? sorry la today cannot emo.
9. What' your opinion about someone who's jealous?
jealous of what?
10. What can you say about playboys/playgirls?
they play their dai zhi (business) but they'll grow out of it sooner or later la...
[[ * PART 2 * ]]
Best place to cry?
In front of the mirror... so i can see my ugly crying face and stop crying almost immediately. it works! really!
Who do you love the most?
Tell us of your dream last night?
no dream last night
Ever hated someone so bad?
not really.. i can't help being tame + cute + unassuming + temperamental, you know.
The biggest & most hurtful lie you heard?
err... don't remember...
The last person you had a beer with?
with my dad i guess...
The last person you went to the movies with?
Yen Woon- Mamma Mia
The last person you talked on the cell phone with?
Chai Cheen - Asked me got bio test or not
The last person you hugged?
it's been a long time since I hugged someone...
The last person you yelled at?
at my dad, but not out of anger. we were simply trying to communicate at opposite ends of the tennis court. as i said I'm simply a non-violent person. can't help myself punya.
In the last week have you kissed someone?
haha yeah at home, based on some random thoughts (secret! *giggle*) when I was sweeping the floor.
Think of the last time you were angry, why were you angry?
I can't remember. hey sorry la if i'm unable to portray teenage angst all the time kay?
If you could do anything or wish anything, what would it be?
to be able to eat all i want and look slim ALL the time XD
If you could have an all expense paid trip, where will you go?
Paris... such a romantic getaway.. (I know I have no one to getaway with la; you don't have to remind me *wince*)
Would you or have you ever blackmailed someone?
not really la... i mostly give in to their demands... (that is how soft i can be :P)
Are you old fashioned?
in some ways... like premarital sex is a no-no for me...
What would be harder for you, to tell someone you love them or that you do not love them back?
i think to tell someone i love them. 'cause sometimes i have quite a lot of pride (muka tebal la) so it's quite hard for me to confess. i guess. I've never tried it before and no urge to do so at the moment.
What would be the hardest thing for you to give up on?
my life la duh.
Five facts About Me:-
Just turned 17. (still) very short. gets emo once in a while but hates people who are emo ALL the time. will die out of social deprivation if left on a deserted island. likes to shop but very cheapskate.
Five things that scares me:-
creepy crawlies, failure, not being able to live life to the fullest, getting blind, being alone all the time.
Two Songs Playing in My Head Lately:
Dancing Queen by Abba
Sa Ren by Guo Jing, Fan Wei Qi and Angela Zhang
Five Things I treasure in My Life:-
My diary (both online and the manual one), friends, family, God, myself?
Two "First Time" in My Life:-
This year ah... first time staying away from home for 4 months (working at Genting)... first time getting a haircut at school..
WOW! you made it! finally! so this is what I wanted to give you...
Congratulations! Bravo! Good for you! I couldn't have done it without you!
Wah what words of encouragement ya? what la did you expect some material award meh? cannot be so shallow ma, must be deep... mental encouragement will fulfill you... spiritually XD
Friday, October 3
I'm so happy today that if you slapped me on the cheek I would have sayang-ed you back. Today, farts smell good. Bile juice tastes yummy. Jabba the Hut looks beautiful. Durians are nice to touch.
Here comes the long list of thanks:
- To mom: for pushing hard enough (ouch I feel pain already) and nurturing me for 9 months
- To dad: for... planting the seed? (no offense but it must be much easier than mom's job)
- To mom & dad: for the birthday cake ^^
- To ah kong and ah ma: for the angpows and taking such good care of me :)
- To Tiffany, Callie, Yoke Peng, Wan Ying, Shen Min, Chai Cheen, Suat Hoon, Qiuhong, Mr. James Tan, Michelle, Yun Yun, Mei Jee and Shan May for the sweet birthday wishes via sms/comments on Facebook/Friendster...
- To Yen Woon: for spending almost a day with me at AEON Bukit Tinggi
thanks a million!
plus a cute handphone deco and b'day cake (sry no pic available)
and also an hour of (free) karaoke at Green Box...!
- To Kay kay, Sweat, Lih Yi and Suzanne for that x100651984321 super super super sweet surprise at college! (ask me personally for more info *wink)
Don't get me wrong though. I'm still feeling itchy all over. Doc says it's viral infection.
But somehow today it feels so, so, so much better :)
Love you guys! seriously! it has been the BEST birthday in 17 years (minus the itch la)
Wednesday, October 1
For some odd reason I've been getting rashes all over since this morning, from scalp to toe. So now I'm like *type--think--scratch--type--think---scratch* over and over again.
Why, oh why must this happen on such an auspicious day? When we finally had 2 days of holiday when the rest of the college world had theirs on monday already?
And you might have noticed that Friday means something to me.
Most of my friends are having other plans on that day: camp, balik kampung, gathering with old classmates and we only have 3 hours of lecture anyway. Enough reason to ponteng la.
But now things are maybe simpler since most probably I'll spend the day scratching myself like the most tick-infested ape in the world while blowing birthday candles.
That is exactly how emo I am right now.