Butter Cake Recipe (source unknown--copied from internet but forgot the link T.T)
- 180 gm butter, at room temperature
- 150 gm caster sugar (I changed it to 125 gm but doesn't make much difference right)
- 50 gm milk powder
- 140 gm all purpose flour
- 30 gm cornflour
- 1 tsp baking powder (to be sifted together with the dry ingredients)
- another 1/2 tsp baking powder (beaten with egg white)
- 3 medium size eggs, separated
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 80 ml milk
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Grease loaf cake tin/8" square mould with butter (I didn't grease 'cause mine was non-stick)
- Sift the flour, cornflour, milk powder and 1 tsp baking powder together in a big bowl
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar till creamy and fluffy, add in the egg yolks one at a time and mix to combine. Add the vanilla essence and mix thoroughly. Add the sifted dry ingredients and mix to combine thoroughly. Add the milk and mix.
- Whisk the egg white with the 1/2 tsp of baking powder till soft peaks form. Fold into the batter mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Pour the loaf cake tin and bake for 45 mins. Turn the heat down to 170 degrees and bake for a further 15 mins (do the toothpick test) Cover loosely with a foil if the top browns too much.
And just finished watching 500 days of summer on PPStream. An awesome, quirky romantic comedy! It's a boy-meets-girl show but different in so many ways! E.g. they went to watch a movie called Vagiant--Part vampire part giant HAHAHA And doesn't Summer (leading actress--by Zooey Deschanel) look and sound so much like Katy Perry? Plus Tom (leading actor--by Joseph Gordon-Levitt) is so cute! in a geeky way ^^