Wednesday, May 5

Big, Bad World


Introducing Rayden, our cute lil' four year old who'll melt any teacher's heart with his cheeky tongue-sticking-out feat and by walking like a drunk!

Today, he was sort of ostracized by the rest of the class during playtime; the first time I actually saw him being left out during play. From what I saw, the kids seemed to like grouping up and imitating each other, and agreeing with majority. And Rayden was simply part of the unfortunate process of eliminating the weak link.

But it does still ring true for adults, doesn't it? We all like finding our own clique, get acknowledged and "exile" the "different" one just to satisfy our inner insecurities. We don't like our authority/position in a society to be challenged and so we just remove the problems.

Just that I felt a pang of sadness when I saw how hurt he became. Because if it were to happen to me, I would cry too, only inwardly. Children are bad actors/actresses, and it's such a good thing.

Unfortunately, though, we adults are excellent actors.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

It has been awhile since I last drop by. I love this post, very meaningful. Beautifully written.